Stern Management Consultants specializes in a variety of industrial engineering and management spheres, with the objective of creating an efficient and positive working environment and to maximize the effectiveness of the resources, materials and personnel available to the business.
Whether you are planning to establish a business or a new factory, to introduce another production line, carry out organizational changes in a company, expand, contract or improve what you already have – we will assist you to cope with the issues, such as: How many and when is it viable to produce? How do you manage inventory in an efficient manner? How do you utilize your raw materials? What will increase employee productivity? And more. Our experts will accompany you all the way, starting from the analysis and identification of problems, by comparing possible alternatives and selecting the optimal solution through to its implementation, overall follow-up and monitoring, to improve the performance of the business.
Our spheres of expertise:
Formulation, establishment and implementation of operational strategy
The operational strategy is derived from the company’s vision and its overall business strategy. The objective is to identify as early as possible, the operational challenges of the organization, to formulate ways of operating and to prepare accordingly for each of the operational components – planning, procurement, logistics, inventory, manufacturing, engineering, quality, manufacturing technology, and so forth. This is with the objective of promoting the goals of the business and improving its business results.
Establishment, transfer and upgrade of the factory and logistics centers’ setups
We provide a solution for our customers to the challenge that is made up of planning, establishment, transfer or upgrade of the various activity centers, among them: factories, production lines, storage and supply centers and service centers. Handling includes professional accompanying starting from the stage of defining the needs and identifying the appropriate site, through to functional planning and the optimization of profits, quality and costs of establishment and operation, and on to actual execution of the required processes. In addition, we provide advice on maintenance of factories in order to extend the life of equipment and prevent failures.
Planning the supervision of production setups, projects and service setups
Planning the supervision provides the business the best management of its resources, for the tasks and projects that it faces and its customer setups.
Our services in this area include:
- Production Process Planning is the link between production and sales, through maximal planning of resource allocation – both quantitative and regarding the meeting of deadlines. This is designed to facilitate improved efficiency for the organization, improving processes and meeting the demand for its products at minimal operating costs.
- Project Process Planning – The objective is to plan and supervise the execution of defined assignments, so that they are carried out in accordance with a given timeframe, with the required quality and at minimal cost, starting with day-to-day management of the assignments, budget, risks and human resources for the project, and finishing with execution and drawing conclusions.
- Service Setups Process Planning – Improvement of customer relations, both regarding provision of service and regarding collections, including: Improvement of processes, shortening of action and response times, providing quality service, effective communications and coping with complex service scenarios.
Organizational Engineering and Methods
By studying the processes we will advise you how to improve production lines or workstations, and by so doing, reduce production costs, improve the flow of materials and information into the organization and provide the company with an advantage over its competitors. Our services in this regard include:
- Study of work methods – study of performance – Observation and measurement of work for both the production lines and the manual workstations – to determine the performance standards, identify problems in flow of materials, planning or arrangement of workstations, calculation of employee efficiency and systems as the basis for planning an employee compensation system. All of this is with the objective of increasing worker productivity and shorten timeframes.
- Work measurement – measurement and determining of standard time for the execution of defined work processes (determining of standard times and productivity for works and processes).
- Encouragement incentives – Establishment and operation of a system that makes possible compensation for employees with higher than standard performance (granting of incentives for performance above the standards determined).
- Drafting of work procedures – Precise definition of the work procedures, areas of responsibility and performance authority, and turning them into a written and obligatory rule book, to serve as a training tool for both new and existing employees.
- Methods for improving thinking and planning processes – analysis of existing working methods and creation of thought and planning processes in the organization, with the goal of providing it with a tool box for self-examination and taking steps to improve and change where necessary.
- Feasibility and costings analysis – Establishment of systems for the collection of economic data for the purpose of checking costs of manufacture and operation, profitability of the organization and the calculation of feasibility of investment in the production lines and in projects. And as a result – determination of procurement, inventory and manufacturing policy.
- Management of the manufacturing floor – Efficient, economical, quality execution of materials and products requirements program. This includes production of a work plan for all manufacturing departments.
Procurement, inventory and logistics management
Procurement, inventory and customer supply management is one of the important components of successful activity and profitability of the business. Our company offers you advice in the following spheres:
- Establishment and improvement of the organization’s procurement setup – Selection of procurement sources, their development and establishment over the long term, development of policy and procedures, maintenance of appropriate inventory levels, ensuring the quality of materials and components, prevention of wastage and duplication, establishment of procurement agreements and reduction of transportation costs.
- Business information – We will check and provide you with essential information about suppliers and subcontractors in the market, including price comparisons, work methods, quality, conformity with supply schedules, alternative products and so forth.
- Reserves and inventory management – We check and improve work processes and monitoring, with the aim of reaching an optimal inventory policy, which on the one hand will reduce the costs of surplus inventory, and on the other, will prevent possible losses as the result of insufficient inventory. Our activity assists your organization in determining inventory policy in accordance with the needs of the customer setup, the suppliers, and market conditions, and provides it with the tools for implementation and monitoring of this policy.
- Planning and defining product trees – Establishment, analysis and improvement, including: Defining and specification of items (establishment of catalogs and allocation of part numbers – catalog numbers), establishment and completion of product trees at every level according to the demands of the engineering system, checking of product trees against actual issues, costings analysis of the product tree – determining cost and sale prices, preparation of catalogs and price lists, reducing of costs and increasing profitability.
- Evaluation and Supply Chain Management – (SCM) Creation of optimization of all the links in the supply chain, which will lead to an improvement in the speed of response to changes in demand, and as a result thereof – to increased profitability of the business and higher positioning relative to its competitors.
- Logistic management – Improvement and increased efficiency of logistical processes across the entire supply chain, with the objective of providing the correct quantity, at the right time, in the right place, at the right quality and at the right cost.
Management of the Quality
Constant improvement of the quality of management, work, productivity and the products or services of the organization, for the purpose of increasing profitability and raising customer satisfaction in the present and future. We will advise you in the following areas:
- Quality strategy – Determination of a system of objectives on the topics of quality and the ways to achieve them, while defining and specifying the customer market.
- Quality Assurance and Business Excellence – Planned and methodical system that will ensure that the product or service does indeed meet the quality standards that have been set, and will provide the solution for all the needs of the customer and the user, including: Organization of work methods, drafting of procedures and specifications, assimilation of processes for monitoring quality and quality assurance, monitoring of processes for qualification to meet the standards and recording standards and so forth.
Management of information and computerization of the business
Correct selection of information systems and their successful assimilation – this is the key for control, synchronization and monitoring of all the business activity. We will assist you in the execution of all the required activities for computerized management of the business:
- Planning and establishment of computerized setups – Establishment and assimilation of computerized systems of different kinds, for the purpose of planning, integrative management and collection of data in all spheres of the activity of the business: Manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, transportation and logistics, customer relations, sales, procurement, inventory, building, computerized archives and so forth.
- Technology for the collection and synchronization of information in the organization and outside it – Tools for the collection and synchronization of information on the manufacturing floor and in the warehouses (computer, terminal – tablet, programmed audit, barcode scanners). Full integration with the system.